Thursday, February 4, 2016

YT-1300 Conversion and repaint WIP

o/

ooh...I might have to build one of these for myself!

Project #2 during my week of near death was to work on an extra Millenium Falcon that my buddy Billy had. Previously, I had simply repainted another of his extra Millenium Falcons (how many does he have anyways?) resulting in the YT-1300 I dubbed 'Ol Ironsides' (Billy's father's nickname).


The Ol' Ironsides.

This time however Billy wanted a conversion of some sort, well...specifically the Oota Goota. Sorry pal, but that's a bit above my pay grade. Besides, with a name like that all I could think of is that it would crewed by a bunch of Oompa Loompas, lol!

Why not? There were E.T.s in the prequels...

But come on...how implausible is that? I mean Lando had Nien Nunb by his side and seriously how far off is he from an oompa?

Anyways...back on topic, my only previous YT-1300 conversion was my own, my beloved Scarlet Harlot:

The Scarlet Harlot.

Starting off, I cut out the corridor to the cockpit (and the cockpit as well). As I was half dead, I forgot to take WIP pics of that, or pics of cutting off the front of the ship to reposition the cockpit there. It looks pretty good thus far though to be honest I apparently should have had a sharper blade, as my cuts were a bit rough.

No more nasty port-side blind spot! Now there's all sorts of blind spots!

Doesn't look so bad here, but...

Oh well, it'll have to do I suppose. Below you can see its been primed black and has its first layer of gray drybrushed on. Several more layers are coming and...some sort of color scheme after that. Dunno what exactly, but I'll figure it out eventually.

...the first layer of dry-brushing makes it look kinda...ugly. Sad face.


3 comments:

Zzzzzz said...

Nah, not ugly, I kinda like it.

And nice job too.

Now how about some crazy spot coloured metallics for bits and/or panels and lots of brass and copper for the pipes/cables. Sort of malifauxesque....

Mordian7th said...

Sweeeeet - I dig how that is coming along, man!

Da Masta Cheef said...

Thanks guys!


Hmmm...a steampunk YT??? THAT sounds interesting...