Monday, May 25, 2015

The Eleventy-First Devonshire

o/

Just a quick post as this Memorial Day weekend has been spent primarily on yard work/working around the house. Thus there's been virtually no hobby time aside from my Soviet Quar-tide army rolling over Bob's beleaguered Germans Saturday night.

A detail shot of Lt. Croot and the BAR trooper.

Whilst I don't see any need for anymore Quar purchases for Bolt Action, my return to Britain's Dad's Army is starting to take shape. These little Brits have reclaimed the Vicker's 6 Ton stand-in, and I finally built my odd looking Quar armored car that will probably stand-in as a Rolls Royce armored car (which is unfortunate as I love that vehicle, yet don't have $30 for the excellent model that Trenchworx makes of it). I also have my first squad of Homeguard with a BAR, Lt. R.S. Croot, and a Sniper (who still needs a sidekick to go with him).

My platoon thus far.

lol, these Hobbit minis are indeed tiny (shoulder height to a Grymn!), and I'm thinking that I'm going to need some new detail-brushes to paint them!

5 comments:

neverness said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
neverness said...

I wonder, think you could also use them as Ratling IG as well?

Da Masta Cheef said...

Possibly. They look waaaaay better than GW's ratlings

Admiral Drax said...

I bring tidings:

You won!

[Nice minis, too]

Da Masta Cheef said...

Woohoo!