Monday, May 11, 2015

Da' Grymn Militarum get a little MOAR DAKKA!!!

o/

I've all but shredded the Astra Militarum codex (its a hacked Russian PDF not an actual book), removing all that there isn't a model for using Hasslefree's Grymn mini line. That said, I did add in one thing, the option for heavy weapons teams to get twin-linked heavy stubbers for 15 points (the point cost coming from Forgeworld's DKK PDF update).

My Grymn have 2 twin stubber teams which I purchased back when I had $$$ to buy whatever the hell I wanted without worrying if I'd actually use it (that period of financial freewill never really existed btw, rather I just acted like it did until the credit card debt became crushing...). Thus a few years later, when The Great Devourer (ebay) has consumed vast quantities of the (former) higher priorities in my my mini collection, this heavy stubber team made it to the front of the painting queue.

Dakka, dakka, dakka!!!
To be honest, I rather like how it came out and can't wait to work on the other team. Now, before anyone (like Screech) comments that there are 3 Grymn on the base, lets face it; the loss of two would render the 'team' combat ineffective resulting in it's removal. Combat ineffective would to me translate to: the lone survivor being in a state of psychological shock and/or running like a mofo for safety!

I'm not sure if I've mentioned this or not in my prior Grymn posts, but the blue on the shoulder pads is a simple and easy way to tell the squads apart. I'm not sure of how many are left in the blue squad, but I ought to be fairly close to finishing them all off! Just have the Sgt. and 1 or 2 grunts left to go I think.

Oh please let them be shooting Grots, it'll be good for their morale!
Speaking of painting, I need to dump the Grymn painted in my original Snow/polar color scheme into some simply green. Sure that color scheme looked good, but it was a real bitch to do. The red armored Grymn however paint up fairly quickly and easily.

No comments: